- Entry Level Referee Course
ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE COURSES
The format for this course includes a classroom portion (Saturday) and a field session (Sunday). There will be an examination that each student must pass to become certified. If successful in passing the certification exam, there will be a $50 charge payable to California North Referee Association (CNRA) that you can pay ahead of time with a credit card online at the time of registration (preferred) or bring a check/cash to the Course.
Here are the local Entry Level Referee Courses that can be found on cnra.gameofficials.net right now.
#24318 Corning Youth Soccer
Saturday, February 24 9:00am - 4:00pm
#24534 Anderson Youth Soccer
Sunday, February 25 9:00am - 12:00pm
Maywood Middle School
Contact: Tina Saavedra firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, March 3 9:00am - 4:00pm
#24236 Redding Youth Soccer
Sunday, March 4 9:00am - 12:00am
Anderson River Park - Scout Hall
Contact: James Crandall email@example.com
Saturday, March 17 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday, March 18 9:00am - 12:00pm
Redding Soccer Park Conference Room
There is an additional $10 fee for this course payable the first day of the class.
Contact: Don Chin firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A REFEREE CLASS
- Go to the website cnra.gameofficials.net
- On the left, select Sign Up For Course
- Select Grade 8 Entry Level Course - Online, Classroom and Field Session
- Look through the list of classes for one in your area. On the far right you will see how many have registered for the course and the maximum number of students.
- Select the blue course number.
- The Course Information screen will have the class details and contact information. Write this down. Then select the link to register.
- At this point you will need to create an account (if you don't already have one)
- You may be asked for a Grade/age override code. Check your course information above for that. If it is not there, check with the contact person.
The format for this course has changed compared to years past. There is now an online component (approximately 3-4 hours) consisting of 14 instructional videos, associated chapter quizzes, and a 50 question final exam. These must ALL be completed prior to the in-person Classroom (8 hours) and Field (4 hours) sessions . You will have two chances to pass the online final exam. If you are successful, there is no exam at the Course; if you are not successful after two online attempts, you must retake the exam during the classroom course portion. There is also a mandatory 4-hr field session scheduled the day following the classroom session. At this point you will receive your certificate and referee patch.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A REFEREE CLASS FOR MY LEAGUE