- Walt Zinko Playing League
Walt Zinko Playing League
The Playing League for all Traveling Age Teams In District IX
The purpose of the District IX Playing League is to facilitate inter-league play between member leagues within District IX and with leagues from such other districts as approved by the District Commissioners and CYSA where the individual leagues cannot field enough teams to form their own leagues or where it is desirable that a multi-district league be formed to provide sufficient competition for teams and players.
WZPL Schedules & Information
Current playing schedules and team information can be found at:http://soccerez.com
WZPL Policies, Procedures and Rules
Current playing and administration rules for the league. PDF file here.
Modified rules for the Under 10 program can be downloaded here.
Modified rules for the Under 12 program can be downloaded here.
Red Card Procedures & Information
Information for coaches and referees
Please review the "Policies, Procedures & Rules for the WZPL. Article 7, and Appendix #1 deals with matters concerning PAD. Any team that is playing in the WZPL, U10 and up, falls under this article. You may download this off of the WZPL website.
Please keep in mind the following:
- All red cards will have an automatic one game suspension for a player and three game automatic suspension for a coach.
- Player Passes (or coach passes) will no longer be retained by the referee. After the game, the referee must use the passes to clearly identify the player/coach and record the name and registration number onto the game card. All passes will be returned to the coach.
- Referees complete a send off report online at SoccerEZ within 48 hours. The committee relies heavily on the ejection report from the referee, so take some time in writing this. Talk to your assignor about proper wording on the incident description. This must be done asap so the process can begin.
- Per the rules, the PAD committee may meet via phone or in person.
- Players and coaches have the right to a formal PAD meeting / Hearing.
- For a suspension of two or more games the player must have the "blue card" signed off by the referee.
- This card is then returned to me after all suspended games have been sat out.
- The PAD Committee will use the guidelines for suspension as outlined in the CYSA Team Manual.
- Again, please read and review the WZPL rules.
- It is the responsibility of the league presidents to pass this information on to their coaches.
- It is my desire to have the player back on the field, as soon as his/her suspension is served. I will also have a PAD "mail box" on my front porch for use if I am not home. Let's work together to make this happen quickly.
- I will be calling league presidents to serve on the PAD committee. League vice presidents and District Board Members may also serve on the PAD. None may be a party to the PAD.
PLAYING LEAGUE PAD CHAIR:
P. O. Box 381
Los Molinos, CA 96055